The Global Awareness Society International encourages participation by both undergraduate and graduate students in annual conference events. We try to provide a supportive environment for young scholars to present results on a variety of topics related to the effects of globalization. Topics of past presentations have included global social work projects, development projects in third world countries, the need for global education in American schools, and the experiences of foreign exchange students in universities in America and abroad.
For the 22nd Annual conference in Rome, Italy the conference theme is Challenges and Opportunities of the Global Financial Crises. Several student scholarships of up to $700.00 each have been made available on a competitive basis to help support student participation. An individual presentation is highly encouraged. Those wishing to present a coauthored paper or a panel presentation involving two or more students will only be eligible of $700 to be divided among them.. In addition and with sufficient response, a student paper contest will be conducted in both undergraduate and graduate categories. Winners will receive a $100.00 prize and will have their papers published in the Journal of Global Awareness.
A scholarship has been created to help a young scholar to participate in the conference. To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must have an earned PhD or equivalent degree terminal degree. They must be a full-time faculty member in a tenure track position at a college or university with less than seven years of teaching experiences. The successful candidate will receive a travel grant scholarship of $1000. To be considered for this award, please send an abstract, completed paper and current CV to Dr. Michael Seipel:Michael_seipel@byu.edu by March 15, 2013. Papers will be judged for quality and appropriateness for the conference. The successful candidate must register for the conference by March 15, 2103 and present his/her paper at the conference. The award will be presented during the conference at the Global Banquet.
- To have a paper considered for inclusion in the 2013 GASI Conference Program, please send an abstract (less than one page) in the body of an e-mail to Dr. Geoffrey Palmer at email@example.com AND to Dr. Michael Seipel at (firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 15, 2013. Do not send attachments. Please be certain to include your name and academic affiliation with your abstract and also include the phrase, GASI 2013, in the subject line of the e-mail.
- Travel grants will be awarded on the basis of quality of the submitted abstract. Competition is open to both graduate and undergraduate students. Please indicate your standing in school. The top three abstracts from each division will be published in the Global journal. Travel grant winners will be notified before the conference.
- Travel grant recipients must register for the conference by April 1, 2013.
- One best paper (about 15-18 pages) from a graduate student and one from an undergraduate student will receive $100.00 each, and they will be published in the Journal of Global Awareness. The content of the paper should reflect the theme of the conference. For the format of the paper, please consult this website or the editor of the journal, Dr. Nathan (email@example.com ). Papers must be written by the student(s). Joint authored papers with faculty member(s) are ineligible. Completed papers must be submitted electrically to Dr. Seipel. firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2013 . The winning papers will be announced at the Global Banquet in Rome.
- Students must register for the conference and present their papers. All cash awards will be made during the conference at the Global Banquet.