The Global Awareness Society International encourages participation by both undergraduate and graduate students in annual conference events. We try to provide a supportive environment for young scholars to present results on a variety of topics related to the effects of globalization. Topics of past presentations have included global social work projects, development projects in third world countries, the need for global education in American schools, and the experiences of foreign exchange students in universities in America and abroad.
For the 24th Annual conference in Philadelphia, several student travel grant scholarships have been made available on a competitive basis to help support student participation. Travel grant amounts may depend upon geographic need as well as quality of the proposal. An individual presentation is highly encouraged and such papers will be givien top priority. Depending on funds, support for joint papers and panels may be avaiIable. In addition and with sufficient response, a student paper contest will be conducted in both undergraduate and graduate categories. Winners will receive a $100.00 prize and will have their papers published in the Journal of Global Awareness.
- To have a paper considered for inclusion in the 2015 GASI Conference Program, please send an abstract (less than one page) in the body of an e-mail to Program Chair Mr. Hiram Martiniez AND to Dr. Michael Seipel at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 30, 2015. Do not send attachments. Please be certain to include your name and academic affiliation with your abstract and also include the phrase, GASI 2015, in the subject line of the e-mail.
- Travel grants will be awarded on the basis of quality of the submitted abstract. Competition is open to both graduate and undergraduate students. Please indicate your standing in school. The top three abstracts from each division will be published in the Global journal. Travel grant winners will be notified before the conference.
- Preference will be given to first time scholarship applicants.
- Travel grant recipients must register for the conference by April 1, 2015.
- Given sufficient response, one best paper (about 15-18 pages) from a graduate student and one from an undergraduate student will receive $100.00 each, and they will be published in the Journal of Global Awareness. The content of the paper should reflect the theme of the conference. Complete papers must be recieved by April 1, 2015. For the format of the paper, please consult this website or the editor of the journal, Dr. Jay Nathan (email@example.com ). Papers must be written by the student(s). Joint authored papers with faculty member(s) are ineligible.. The winning papers will be announced at the Global Banquet on Saturday evening, May 23, 2015 in Philadelphia.
- Students must register for the conference and present their papers. All cash awards will be made during the conference at the GlobalBanquet.