The Global Awareness Society International encourages participation by both undergraduate and graduate students in annual conference events. We try to provide a supportive environment for young scholars to present results on a variety of topics related to the effects of globalization. Topics of past presentations have included global social work projects, development projects in third world countries, the need for global education in American schools, and the experiences of foreign exchange students in universities in America and abroad.
For the 25th Annual conference in Budapest, several student travel grant scholarships have been made available on a competitive basis to help support student participation. Travel grant amounts may depend upon geographic need as well as quality of the proposal. An individual presentation is highly encouraged and such papers will be givien top priority. Papers and Presentations should clearly address the conference theme. Depending on funds, support for joint papers and panels may be avaiIable. In addition and with sufficient response.
- To have a paper considered for inclusion in the 2016 GASI Conference Program, please send an abstract (less than one page) to Program Chair, Mr. Hiram Martinez at HMartinez@WCUPA.edu AND to Dr. Michael Seipel at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 15, 20116 Please be certain to include your name and academic affiliation with your abstract and also include the phrase, GASI 2016, in the subject line of the e-mail.
- Travel grants will be awarded on the basis of quality of the submitted abstract with individual papers recieving top priority. The competition is open to both graduate and undergraduate students. Please indicate your standing in school. Proposals co-authored by faculty members are not appropriate.Listing of mentors or advisors on the abstract and paper should be for curtesy acknowledgement only.
- Awards given to joint papers or panel presentations will be shared among the participants.
- Preference will be given to first time scholarship applicants.
- Travel grant recipients must register for the conference by March 1, 2016.
- Given sufficient response, one best paper (about 15-18 pages) from a graduate student and one from an undergraduate student will receive $100.00 each, and they will be published in the Journal of Global Awareness. The content of the paper should reflect the theme of the conference. Complete papers must be recieved by March 1, 2016. For the format of the paper, please consult this website or the editor of the journal, Dr. Jay Nathan (email@example.com ). Papers must be written by the student(s). Joint authored papers with faculty member(s) are ineligible.. The winning papers will be announced at the Global Banquet on Saturday evening,, May 28, at the Budapest Hilton.
- Students must register for the conference and present their papers. All cash awards will be made during the conference at the GlobalBanquet.